Business Development & Account Representative
Location: Linden, Alberta, Canada
Hawk Machine Works (HMW) has ambitious growth objectives and seeks a professional sales & business developer.
The ideal candidate possesses at least 10 years of experience in B2B, manufacturing, or industrial outside sales and business development. In this role, you will be responsible for developing relationships with our clients and coordinating with our internal production, operations, and finance teams in order to craft and negotiate custom manufacturing solutions.
The representative will work closely with our marketing department, helping to conduct market research, develop a territory plan, and informing marketing and sales campaigns that will facilitate the execution of corporate plans and objectives. Occasional travel throughout Canada and the United States is required for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify potential clients and partners in relevant target markets and complete appropriate research on the prospective client’s business and manufacturing needs.
- Develop relationships with prospective clients and partners, while maintaining existing relationships.
- Partner with the production and management teams to create contract-winning proposals for current and prospective clients and partners.
- Negotiate contract terms with clients and communicate terms to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with production and management teams to ensure contracted product specifications are executed on time and as agreed.
- Become a subject matter expert on our business services, products, processes, and operations, and remain up to date on industry news.
- Prepare quarterly or annual customer and partner business reviews and presentations.
- Coordinate quote development and perform analysis of the outcome of all quotes (successful or non-successful).
- Report on quote outcomes, highlighting root causes of unsuccessful quotes so future requests from the clients can be improved.
- Minimize waste of internal resources by properly targeting and qualifying prospects and customers before committing to quoting (i.e., analyze the cost versus benefit of quoting)
- Stay in close contact with the Production Team and openly communicate the outcome of submitted quotes, received PO’s, and provide after-sales support.
- Resolve customer concerns by investigating issues together with the Production Team and other related departments.
- Prepare reports and makes business development recommendations to Management.
- Attend educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participate in professional organizations.
- Collaborate with production and management teams and actively seek new supply-chain & other strategic partnerships through researching, networking, and outreach.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Machining and/or manufacturing knowledge
- At least 5 years of oilfield and industrial sales experience
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Eager to expand the company with new sales, clients, and territories.
- Able to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Experienced at preparing and presenting quarterly goals and forecasts for future projects.
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field
- Three to five years of previous experience in sales, management, customer service, finance, administration, or related field
- Demonstrated and proven sales results
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Fluent communication in person, on the phone, and in email
- Abide by all non-compete/solicit agreements
- Ability to easily build rapport with other professionals, managers, and C-level executives in various industries
- Negotiation and closing expertise
- Prospecting skills
- Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office Products and other applications.
- Maintaining client relationships
- Strong drive for sales responsibilities
Send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]